Thursday, September 16, 2010

Eggplant Parmesan

This is how my mother-in-law's "boss" at LDS Employment makes eggplant parmesan.  I think he has some Italian blood in him.  Well, maybe he's just a good cook.

Peel the eggplant, cut into 1/2" slices, dip in egg, dip into Italian breadcrumbs, fry in oil on low. 
Layer in dish: eggplant, ricotta, mozzarella, then marinara sauce.  Repeat layers.  15 min.  350.

***


Cheater Method

When I make Eggplant/Zucchini/Chicken Parmesan, in a 9x13 I layer the 1/2" sliced vegetable, brush on some olive oil (optional), sprinkle some breadcrumbs, layer some ricotta/cottage cheese, mozzarella, parmesan, marinara, repeat.  Sprinkle some parsley on the very top for color.  Bake 30 minutes or so at 350 covered.  Uncover for 10 more minutes to toast the cheese.

I didn't have any marinara sauce this last time, so I just dumped a can of Italian tomatoes on top and it was delicious!  I also didn't have Italian bread crumbs, so I sprinkled garlic bread seasoning on my bread crumbs.

No comments: