Thursday, September 9, 2010

Mexican Bean Dip

This is my favorite 7-layer bean dip (sorry, the picture doesn't have the tomatoes).  If I make this with tamales or tacos or whatever, this gets eaten, not the other food. So, I've just turned this appetizer/side dish into a main dish at our house.  I got the recipe from someone in Evan's mom's ward when we got married.


Layer 1:
2 10 1/2 oz cans jalapeno bean dip

Layer 2:
Mash together:
3 medium-ripe avocados
3 T lemon juice
1/2 t salt
1/4 t pepper

Layer 3:
Combine:
8 oz sour cream
1/2 C mayo
1 1/4 oz package taco seasoning

Layer 4:
1 large bunch green onions

Layer 5:
3 medium tomatoes chopped

Layer 6:
2- 3 1/2 oz chopped, drained olives

Layer 7:
8 oz sharp shredded cheese

I use regular refried beans because I almost always have them on hand.  I leave off the onions. 

No comments: