Thursday, September 16, 2010

Fruit & Nut Bar (Larabar)

The Ten Cow Chick posted these Larabars, and I thought they'd make a great alternate to a sandwich since my kids aren't big on sandwiches.  I think they are delicious.  I'm trying to get them to grow on Eli. 

The Ten Cow Chick put all her ingredients in a food processor for about 30 seconds.  I couldn't find the blade to my food processor so I just put the ingredients in my blender until it looked good.  Then, I put a small amount of the mix in a baggie and formed it into a ball, then flattened it into a cookie shape.  Lunch cookie, anyone?

Recipes from the Ten Cow Chick:


Very Cherry: 1/4 cup dates, 1/4 cup dried cherries, 1/3 cup pecans, almonds or walnuts, 1/8 t. cinnamon.

Cashew Cookie dough: 1/3 cup dates, 1/2 cup raw cashews.

Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough: 1/3 up dates, 1/2 cup cashews, 1/2 t. vanilla, cinnamon, 1/2 oz. finely chopped semisweet chocolate.

Blueberry Bliss: 1/4 cup dried blueberries, 1/4 cup dates, 1/3 cup almonds, 1/2 t. lemon zest, 1 drop almond extract.

I bought my dried fruit in the bulk section at Smith's.  I didn't bother buying the different kinds of nuts because I had some salted, mixed nuts on hand.  Yummy.

1 comment:

Mariesa M. said...

Thank you soo much for trying the Larabar recipe. That just brightened my day :-) I made some last night with raisins, craisins, walnuts and dates and they turned out pretty good. I pack them in my husbands lunch for a snack. I hope you can get Eli to like them, I'm still trying to get my little girl to try it. I guess they aren't the most appetizing looking thing. Thanks soo much!