Tuesday, November 16, 2010

What to do with all that apple pie filling?

I bottled some apple pie filling, but wasn't up to making a pie today with the extra.  Instead, I made some sweet-roll dough, dropped the pie filling in the middle, sealed the edge with a fork and made empanadas! I also plopped some in some muffin tins just to see what would happen.  I baked them at 350 for 20 minutes.  When they were done, I brushed some melted butter on top and then sprinkled on some cinnamon-sugar.


After all the work, I'm sure pie would have been about as difficult.  Plus, it would have been good practice for Thanksgiving.

I've also used my apple pie filling in the past for apple crisp.  I've sprayed a casserole dish, dropped in the pie filling, then added my topping:
1/3 C oats
1/3 C sugar
1/3 C flour
1/4 C butter
All mixed up together and sprinkled on top.

1 comment:

Messy Musings said...

what's the recipe for the bottled apple pie filling? looks delicious :D