Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Sweet and Sour Chicken or Pork

4 (smaller) chicken breasts cut into bite sized pieces
1 beaten egg
1 c. cornstarch
2 tsp garlic salt

Mix cornstarch and garlic salt in a small bowl. Dip meat in egg and then in the cornstarch mix, until the meat is coated. Brown in a little oil. Place meat in 9x13 and cover with sauce (below). Bake at 350 covered for one hour. Uncover and bake for another 1/2 hour. (or at 375 for 45 min. and then uncovered for about 20).

Sauce:
1/2 c. chicken broth
1/2 c. vinegar (I used apple cider)
1/2 c. ketchup
1 1/2 c. sugar (I only used 1 c)
1 tsp salt

Yum yum yum! This made a lot, and I ate it about four times. I still want more! It's worth frying it first, but I think it would still be good if you eliminated that step. The sauce is great! This would be great for Chinese New Year's! We ate it over rice.

No comments: