Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Carrot Soup

This is from the Southern Living Ultimate Quck and Easy Cookbook.  I made it last winter and thought it was really yummy.  Let me know what you think!

1 T butter or margarine
1 onion, chopped
4 garlic cloves, pressed (I probably used just one)
1 lb baby carrots (I used regular carrots)
2 large baking potatoes, peeled and cubed
3 (14-oz) cans chicken broth
1 t grated lemon rind
1 T fresh lemon juice
Chopped fresh chives (I probably used dry parsley)

Melt butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat; add onion and garlic, and saute until tender.  Add carrots, potato, and broth; cook 10 minutes or until vegetables are tender.

Process half of carrot mixture in a blender until smooth, stopping to scrape down dides.  Repeat procedure with remaining carrot mixture.

Stir in lemon rind and juice, sprinkle each serving with chives.  Yield:  6 cups

No comments: