This quick and easy soup recipe is fantastic. Just like the kind you can get at your local restaurant, Easy Egg Drop Soup is made with the freshest ingredients, making it impossible to put the spoon down. Coming from Amanda at Amanda's Cookin', you'll love it.
- 4 cans (14-ounces) chicken broth
- 3 tablespoonscornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 eggs beaten
- 1 cup green onions, chopped
- Heat broth to boiling in large saucepan.
- In small bowl, make a paste from cornstarch and 1/4 cup cold water. Slowly add cornstarch paste to the hot broth, add sugar, salt and pepper, stir to combine.
- Bring to a boil, stir constantly, will be slightly thickened.
- Reduce the heat to medium and add the eggs, a little at a time.
- Stir the soup to separate the eggs into shreds. Remove from heat and add green onions. Serve immediately.
Add corn and or peas, and or carrots, you choose.