This is from my Southern Living Complete Quick and Easy Cookbook, although it really isn't quick and easy to make but it is worth it! It is an easy one to half and bake in an 8x8 in. pan. You could probably use one 9x13 in. pan too.
prep time: 30 min, cook: 30 min
1 -( 8 oz.) pkg. cannelloni or manicotti shells
4 c finely chopped cooked chicken
2 - (8 oz. ea.) containers chive-and-onion cream cheese
1 (10 oz.) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and well drained
1 c (4 oz.) shredded mozzarella cheese
1/2 c Italian-seasoned breadcrumbs (I usually grind up croutons in my food processor)
3/4 t garlic salt
1 t seasoned pepper (I used lemon pepper because that's all I had)
Roasted Red Bell Pepper Sauce
Garnish: chopped fresh basil or parsley
1. Cook pasta according to package directions; drain and set aside.
2. Stir together chicken and next 6 ingredients in a large bowl - you may want to use your hand to mix..
3. Cut 1 side of pasta shells lengthwise, opening each shell.
4. Spoon 1/2 c chicken mixture into each shell, gently pressing cut sides together. Place shells seam side down, in 2 lightly greased 11x7 baking dishes.
5. Pour Roasted Red Bell Pepper Sauce evenly over shells.
6. Bake, covered at 350 degrees for 25 -30 min. or until thoroughly heated. Garnish, if desired. Makes 6 to 8 servings
Roasted Red Bell Pepper Sauce:
Savor this rich sauce over your favorite pasta or grilled meats.
prep: 5 min
2 (7 oz. ea.) jars roasted red bell peppers, drained
1 (16 oz.) jar creamy Alfredo sauce
1 (3 oz.) pkg. shredded Parmesan cheese
Process all ingredients in a blender until smooth, stopping occasionally to scrape down sides. Makes 3 1/2 c. (I used my food processor.)