Sunday, March 9, 2014

Coconut Curry Chicken

In my attempt to make freezer meals, I made one out of this Curry Chicken recipe that Annie posted.  I knew it would be different than when you make it fresh, but we were stunningly surprised at how good this was. It reminded me a lot of the curry people ate in Samoa.

For a freezer-Crock-Pot meal, combine in a freezer Ziplock:

1 chopped onion
2 chopped carrots
1 large chicken breast
1 cubed potato
1 T curry powder
1 t salt
1 1/2 t sugar
1/4 t ginger
2 t chicken base paste (2 bouillon cubes)
2 C coconut milk
1 T lemon juice

Put everything thawed in a Crock Pot. Cook on high for 5 hours. Serve over rice. I did not add the 2 C water to the mix which the original recipe calls for, so the flavor was quite strong & yummy! Adding the 2 C water would obviously make a more mild flavor.

No comments: