Monday, April 5, 2010

Chewy Granola Bars

These are sooo good! (and easy!)

1 C brown sugar
2/3 C peanut butter, crunchy
1/2 C corn syrup
1/3 C butter, melted
1 1/2 tsp. vanilla
1 1/4 C oatmeal
1 1/4 C oat bran
1 1/4 C wheat bran
2 T sesame seeds
1/2 tsp. salt

Preheat oven to 350. Lightly grease a 9x13 pan. In a large bowl, combine brown sugar, peanut butter, corn syrup, butter, and vanilla; blend well. Stir in oatmeal, oat bran, wheat bran, sesame seeds, and salt. Press mixture evenly in prepared pan. Bake 15-20 minutes or until light brown. Cool completely before cutting into bars. Makes 24 bars.

I got this recipe from the back of my Hodgson Mill Wheat Bran box. I added 1 C mini chocolate chips. I'm not a sesame seed fan, so I think next time I'll either replace them with flax seeds or just omit the seeds all together. I pressed the bars flat into the pan using a piece of waxed paper. I wonder if you could replace the melted butter with olive oil and the corn syrup with honey?

I've e-mailed the company to see if I can get the nutrition info (can you guess, I want to know how much fiber is in them!).

They are soooo good!

No comments: