Sunday, May 6, 2012

Rhubarb & Cream Cake


1 package yellow cake mix (no pudding)
3 C cut up rhubarb
1 C whipping cream
1 ½ C sugar (with 1 tsp. Cinnamon, if desired)
¾ C chopped walnuts or pecans (if desired)

Mix the yellow cake mix as directed on the package.  Put into medium roasting pan.  On top of cake batter, add the rhubarb, followed by the whipping cream and nuts, and then the sugar.  Bake at 350 for 45 to 60 minutes.  Test for doneness. Cool.  Cut and serve with dollup of whipped cream.

1 comment:

Emily said...

6/22: I made this cake for FHE tonight & to deliver to some neighbors. I didn't have a yellow cake, so I used lemon. I also put in only about 3/4 C of the cinnamon sugar (not 1 1/2 C). In all, seems kind of a waste of all that extra sugar and a cup of whipping cream (you can't really taste it). Maybe if I would have followed the instructions exactly, it would have tasted better. The tart rhubarb taste is good, though, if you like rhubarb!