Thursday, May 31, 2012

Scrumptious Minted Brownies

This is a recipe from my "Old Fashioned Bake Sale" cookbook.  We made these for a Memorial Day gathering and they were a hit!  I must admit, I love brownie mixes...often I think they are better than homemade!  WE LOVED THESE!  I LOVE MINT AND CHOCOLATE!  And SO EASY!

1 package Duncan Hines Fudge Brownie Mix
1 egg
1/3 c water
1/3 c oil
48 Andes Mints

Preheat oven to 350.  Grease 9x13 pan.
Combine brownie mix, egg, water and oil in large bowl.  Stir with spoon until well blended, about 50 strokes.  Spread in prepared pan.  Bake at 350 for 25 min. or until set.  (Ours were perfect at 23 min.)
Place 30 Andes Mints evenly over hot brownies.  Let stand for 1 minute to melt.  Spread Andes to frost brownies.
Score frosting into 36 (I think I only did 24) bars by running tip of knife through melted candy.  (Don't cut through brownies).
Let the brownies cool a little then cut remaining 18 (or 12 in my case) in half lengthwise; place halves on each scored bar.  Cool completely.  Cut into bars.

No comments: